THIS DOCUMENT DETAILS HOW YOU CAN ADD USERS TO YOUR PORTAL USING OUR BULK USER IMPORT FACILITY.
• Preparation / format of CSV users file and data required
• Uploading of CSV file
• Tracking User creation progress
• Viewing User Sync History
This document outlines how you can import your users into your portal quickly and easily by uploading a Comma Separated Values (or comma delimited CSV) file.
Most database tools / employee management systems will allow you to export employee data as CSV files, which can then be uploaded to our systems. All users contained within the CSV file are then automatically added as members of your portal.
How should the CSV file be formatted?
The CSV file required is very simple, containing a maximum of nine fields per user with just three fields being required to get started. The required fields are Email, FirstName and SurName. The remaining fields are optional.
Field Names allowed
Some points to note:
- All email addresses in your CSV file much match the domain used to setup your portal.
- If you require additional domains to be added to your portal, please contact support and we will add those for you.
- You can only use business email addresses. Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook.com or other public addresses will not be acceptable.
Sample CSV file
CSV files can be created using any text editor (such as Notepad or TextEdit). Excel will also export data to CSV files. The image below shows a correctly formatted CSV file open in Excel. While the example below shows just one users’ data, the file can contain as many users as the portal is licenced for.
Note: Please ensure that you DO include the field names (Email, FirstName, SurName etc) in the first row, as below.
To export from Excel to a CSV file, go to File -> Export -> click CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv) -> Save as, and enter a filename to suit.
- Click on User Manager (1), then Bulk user import (2)
- Click on the Choose File button (3) to select the CSV file then click Upload (4)
We take pride in our online resources and documentation. If you feel it falls short of your expectations in any way, please let us know